Alaska Black Cod marinated with Honey
Black Cod, or Sablefish is a deep water, oily delicious whitefish. A great source of high quality protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Delicate and flavorful.
- 1 cup Raw Honey
- 1/2 cup Nama Shoyu unpasteurized Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Bariani Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- ~1.5 lbs Black Cod portioned into 6 servings
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Stir honey, soy sauce, olive oil and vinegar together in a glass (or non-reactive) bowl. Cut portions of fish. Place Alaska Black Cod fillets in the bowl, skin side up, so that marinade covers all of the fish flesh. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 450°F. Remove fillets from marinade and place on a nonstick (or spray-coated/foil-lined) baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until fillets are golden to dark brown, about 7 to 9 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Serve with rice, greens & seasonal veggies.