Alaska Smoked Salmon Celery & Apple Salad
Quick and easy. Great as an appetizer or pita stuffer! Prep time 20 minutes, serves 8.
- 2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Bariani extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 crisp unpeeled apples cored and fine-diced
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1-1/2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces smoked Alaska Salmon skinned and flaked
Whisk together the mustard, vinegar, and olive oil. Toss in the celery, apples, parsley, and dill. Season with a good grinding of black pepper. Right before serving, toss with the smoked salmon.
Nutrients per serving: 225 calories, 17g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 66% calories from fat, 6.5mg cholesterol, 7g protein, 12g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 284mg sodium, 58mg calcium and .4g omega-3 fatty acids.
Jerry Traunfeld, Executive Chef of the Herbfarm